Monday, November 15, 2010

Teacher Help

Just because I haven't posted in a little while, I thought I would tell you about a funny/odd experience I had today. After school, a mom came up to talk to me. I was a bit nervous because I thought she was upset that I made her check her daughter in late instead of just letting her come into the classroom. This mom speaks little English, so in her broken Chinese accent she said, "teacher, I need your help. Tell (student) to sleep." I was so confused. I asked her if she meant go to bed at night. She said, "yes, I hope she listen you. She need sleep in bed." I asked a couple more questions and finally figured out that this student still sleeps in bed with her parents and not in her own bed...at 5 years old. The mom thinks that maybe her daughter will listen to me. I have had some weird requests before, but never one like this.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Maybe you can tell Owen to sleep in HIS bed, he did great for a while but now he just wants the crib again.