Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Have a Baby...Kind Of

So, I moved into a new apartment back in August. It is a little 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom place in Pleasant Grove. I debated whether or not I wanted to have a roommate or not. After looking for a little bit, I couldn't find anyone to move in with me, so I gave up. Then after getting my first paycheck and realizing that teachers don't get paid as much as I wish, I decided it was time to start looking again. My friend Missy is moving in at the beginning of January so I posted online that I was looking for someone from September to December. Within the week, I had several interested people.

I made a verbal agreement with a girl named Alisha, she gave me money, I gave her a key, and I didn't see her for the rest of the month. In October, she came to pay rent again, she moved in a bed frame and a couple boxes, and I never saw her again. So, I have been living by myself and getting paid...a good deal if you ask me! For September rent, she paid it early and just left it on the counter. Then this past Monday, I got a text while I was at school letting me know that she was moving in and not to be scared when I get home and people are there.

Monday was crazy! I thought I had a lot of stuff! I think she has me beat! And...did I mention she has a baby? So guess what that means? I feel like I have a baby. I look in my apartment and I see my table, then I see a little kiddie table. In my living room I see my stuff, then I see a box of toys. Monday night was the worst. I woke up 4 times to a crying baby. I wondered what I had gotten myself into. Come to find out, it was because she was getting sick.

Well, it is now Sunday and my thoughts have already changed. Although she does cry when she has to go down for a nap, and sometimes there is a toy in the hallway, I love having her around. Today Alisha helped me cut out lamination and Aspen just played and loved being with the big girls. Then when she had to leave the room to go eat, she started to leave then came back to give me a hug first. It was adorable. Or she loves to just help me do the laundry or wipe off the table. Even though I am around kids all day, it is fun to come home to a kid you can pick up and hug. (plus, I don't have to do the dirty work like change her diapers!)

So, I guess what I am saying is, having a baby isn't so bad, but then again she isn't really mine.

No comments: