Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apples and Bananas

A couple weeks ago in class, we read a book that had a picture of a little boy handing his teacher an apple. One student asked why he was giving her an apple, so we had a discussion about how children used to give their teachers apples to tell them thank you or to say they liked you. After the discussion, one of my students raised his hand and said, "Miss Broadhead, tomorrow I am going to bring you a banana because I LOVE bananas." I kind of chuckled and told him I would love that. Then about ten more hands shot up wanting to tell me what they wanted to bring me. Here we are, almost 3 weeks later and I am still getting apples and bananas and roses and anything else you can think of. Kids just make me laugh with their creativity and their desire to make others feel good. Max loves bananas, so that is what he wanted to bring me...not an apple. Now every time I get something, I think of Max and how excited he was to share something he loved with me.

No comments: