Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference Weekend

Sometimes in life we look over all the little moments that we have to be grateful for. This blog is to help me remember all the little things that make up life...sometimes good and sometimes bad. In the end, that is what makes it worth living for. I hope you enjoy sharing with me all my little life's experiences.

Let's start with this weekend. It was absolutely wonderful!!! I am actually going to start my weekend early. I left work early on Thursday (not really early, but early for me) to go boating with some co-workers. I think this is the first "fun" thing I have done for myself since school has started. I got to go wakeboarding for the first time since before my mission. I was so proud because I got up on my first try. The water was perfect and no one else was out on the lake. One of my co-workers took a turn and did some pretty cool jumps, but he is a guy, so they are always better. Then we got out this huge tube. I seriously thought I was going to die. The teacher driving said that this is how she gets out her frustration, and I believe her! I took another turn on the wakeboard, and guess what I did this time? That's right! I jumped! (Don't tell anyone it was an accident) It was a blast, but now I feel like an 80 year old lady walking around because I am so sore.

Friday made the weekend even better. I had my mission reunion and my mission President and his wife were there for the first time. There were so many missionaries there! It was so much fun seeing everyone! It brought back such great memories!




The weekend kept getting better and better. I had the chance to go up to General Conference with my brother and one of his friends on Saturday afternoon. We barely made it there on time. We drove around the parking garage 20 minutes before I finally moved a parking cone so we could have a spot to park. Then I had to run to keep up with long-legged Nathan to get to the Conference Center. Thank goodness I saw my old roomie Brittany so we could sneak into line with her. Later, I had a girls night with Jessica and watched Conference with her family on Sunday.



We are so blessed to be able to listen to the words of the prophets! If you didn't get to hear Conference, or you don't know what it is, check it out at lds.org

No comments: