Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Superbowl

So, this is the first year I think I have ever done the Superbowl "right." I like football. I really do. But you see, it is a lot easier to get into a game if you care who wins, like BYU football for example. I love going to those games! So, not having any attachment to the Steelers or Packers made it a little harder to get into. This is especially true because no one that I watched the game with really had a preference either. The commercials were fun though! But, we did the food part right! Nathan and I went over to Bradford and Heidi's house. Heidi's 2 brothers, Jake and Joey, were there as well.

Heidi and Bradford spoiled us! We star
ted off by having hot wings, pizza bites, fried mozzarella sticks (yummy!), a fruit plate, chips and homemade salsa. Oh, and I can't forget about the Dr. Pepper! Then, after a very entertaining halftime show (enter sarcasm here), we had dinner. I was so full from the snacks that I could barely eat anything else. Bradford cooked Bratwursts with onions and grilled peppers. We also had real french fries. Everything was soooo good! Something that I took from this experience is that I want to be like Bradford and Heidi "when I grow up." (aka-when I get married) They just had an open house and welcomed anyone. Joey brought a friend, and I am sure if I asked, I could have brought a friend and they would not have cared. Another one of their friends came over later too. They just took care of us all and shared whatever they had. When I asked the day before if I could bring anything, Bradford told me no. When I tried to clean up before we left, Heidi made me stop. I learned a good lesson that night. Sharing and giving makes you feel good. You do it to make others happy, but it makes you happy too. It is a win, win situation. So, when I finally grow up, hopefully I can be like Bradford and Heidi.

This was a group of anti-photo people, so here is the only picture I got. Me and Princess Brooke! I love her!

No comments: