Saturday, February 5, 2011

Black High Heels

Have you ever had a pair of shoes that you just love and you can't get rid of? For me, they are my Black High Heels. They are nothing extremely fabulous, but I love them! They go great with my dress pants AND my skirts! They are the perfect height. They are comfortable and they were cheap. I think they were the first pair of high heel shoes that I bought after my mission.

So, a little fun fact about Amber: I am not a shoe person. I would much rather spend my money on a new pair of jeans. Travis makes fun of me because I will buy a pair of jeans if I like them, but in order to buy a pair of shoes I have to LOVE them.

I have been trying for months now to find a replacement for my Black High Heels. I have another pair of completely plain ones that I wear with my dress pants and dressier ones that I wear with my skirts, but I need a good in between pair.

Today is finally the day that my black high heel are going in the trash. (boo hoo) Here is why:
(A picture is worth a thousand words)

I have tried to salvage them as long as possible. You will notice the purple duct tape. That is to cover up the holes that are in the bottom of both shoes. It was a rainy day and I really wanted to wear them, but I didn't want wet feet. I came up with this brilliant idea. It worked great...until I crossed my legs and one of my cute little kindergartners said, "Miss Broadhead, why do you have tape on the bottom of your shoe?" Aren't kids great? There is reason one.

Reason 2: You will notice that one of the rubber pieces has come off the heel. Instead of going "click, click, click, click" down the hall, I go, "click, clop, click, clop." It is a little embarrassing.

Reason 3: Today I discovered that not only is there a hole in the right shoe, but the whole sole is starting to come off.

Those are the top three reasons. Others could be included but will be left out for now. So, beloved Black High Heels, you have been good to me. You will be missed!

No comments: