Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day! Travis may be the reason I like Valentine's Day now, but I have pretty much always liked Valentine's Day. Why you may ask? That is an easy question. Valentine's Day is full of my favorite things. The major colors are pink and red. Hearts are everywhere. Flowers are given to the girls. There is an abundance of chocolate. What else could a girl ask for? Oh, and you get to watch chick flicks. My question is, how can you NOT like Valentine's Day?

Last year was my first year with a Valentine. You don't have to sit around and feel sorry for yourself. Spread your love with friends or family. My kindergarten kids don't have Valentine's and they were as happy as could be today. Maybe we should learn a lesson from then.

Since Travis isn't here to celebrate Valentine's Day with me, I thought I would do a flashback to a year ago. Last Valentine's Day, Travis, me, Jeff, and Jessee took a little road trip to Colorado to visit Travis' best friend Jared and his family.I was pretty much sick the whole time, but it was a lot of fun. It was cute the way he took care of me though. I knew at this point in our relationship that I really liked him. I think he was still deciding. During the trip, we went to the Olympic Training Center. It was pretty cool because we visited the same time while the Olympics were going on.
On Valentine's Day, the boys cooked the girls dinner. (the girls had to help) Then Jared had Anne call us upstairs like she needed help, but we knew what was going on. The boys put flowers, candles and cards on the table. Then they came up and got us. It was perfect! Travis even made a cute little homemade card. I told him it is going to be hard to top that Valentine's Day off.
It was a great trip and I had fun getting to know Anne and Jared better. (Fun fact about them...they just had their 2 baby earlier this month!)

Travis and I will celebrate Valentine's Day this weekend when he gets here! For everyone else, Happy Valentine's Day to you!

3 comments:

Devin said...

YAY I found your blog! I'm so excited for you!! Good luck with all the planning!!

Unknown said...

Hi AMBER! I saw your blog through Doreen, didn't know you were still in Utah. How's everything going?

Amber Broadhead said...

Ashleigh!! I remember seeing you on Doreen's blog one time, but I couldn't look at your blog or profile. I am in Utah until June. We should get the group together again before I leave. (Ashley Dee and Ashley Ann are still here too. It will be me and the Ashley's)