Thursday, April 7, 2011

Updates

I have been a slacker at updating lately. My life has been crazy. Tomorrow is the last day of school until Spring Break. I think my brain checked out on Monday though. All I can think about right now is sleep.

I am really looking forward to Spring Break this year because I get to go visit Travis! I haven't seen him since we got engaged in February. While I am in Ohio, we have a to do list to get done. Most of those things have to do with getting ready for the wedding, for me to move, or me finding a job/transferring my teaching license over. We are going to be busy. One fun thing is that Dad will be there the same time as me. The lame part is that both of them will be working during the day while I am left alone. I guess that gives me time to get stuff done, because let's be honest, how much will I be able to get done while Travis is around. He has all kinds of fun stuff planned already. He wants to go up to Cedar Point (largest amusement park in North America) while I am there.

Besides really looking forward to Spring Break, school is going really well. I love my classes. They are so darn cute! I can't believe how much they have learned this year. I am so proud of them. I am also proud of myself for surviving my first year! (I know we still have 35 days left, but close enough.) I am going to be so sad to leave them, especially because I won't even be able to see them around the school next year. I got a taste of what the last day will be like because one of my students is moving over Spring Break. I am soooooo sad. :(

Wedding planning is going ok. I wish I could just take a couple days and go at it full speed ahead and get EVERYTHING done. That is impossible though. I should try though. I just need to buckle down and work. I need some friends to come over and do stuff with me. For now, I am doing stuff little by little. Right now I am trying to find an outfit for engagement pictures. And speaking of wedding stuff, I have my first bridal shower this Saturday. I am excited! Jessica and Katie are throwing it for me.


I think that is about it for now. Sorry the updates aren't exciting. My mom will probably be the only one that reads all the way through. It is also for me because journal writing is slacking these days too. :/

5 comments:

Carie said...

I read through it all!! What do you need help with?

I'll see you on Saturday! We'll talk then!

Shannon said...

I read it too. Do I win a prize?

Emily Richards said...

This is your first year teaching?? Man. You are so almost done, you can do it!! And just think- you'll never have to be a first year teacher again :)

sjbroadhead said...

Wow! Three people beat me, but I DID read it all.
I wish I could be there to help you plan and to keep you busy while Dad and Travis are working. I will suggest you use the time to catch up on sleep.
Have fun!

Amber Broadhead said...

Yay! I do have faithful followers!