Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crying Babies

I tell Travis all the time that I am not going to survive pregnancy or the first couple years of the lives of our children. "Why" you may ask? Let me tell you.

1. Right now I take medicine daily to prevent migraines. It is an anti-seizure medicine that helps the blood flow to my brain. With this medicine, I still get a bad migraine about once every week or two. When this occurs, I take an even stronger medicine to make the pain subside. When pregnant, I will not be able to take either of these, thus making pregnancy miserable and migraine filled.

2. Currently I am living with an adorable 2 year old girl. I love her to death, but some days I want to scream at her. Like last night for example. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep and last night I actually went to bed on time. Well, I was awakened a few hours later to not a crying, but a screaming child. How long did this last? AN HOUR!! I just wanted to yell out to her to go to sleep or to tell Alisha to make her be quiet or do something. I was so frustrated! I did yell out her name. This morning I woke up so tired. Luckily I didn't get a migraine though.

Basically that's it. I just have those two reasons. I need sleep. That's all there is to it. And when you have a child, you don't get sleep. And you don't get to take the good kinds of medicine. That is what I have learned from living with Aspen. Hopefully with my own kids it will be different.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sad! I got a phone call from a co-worker on Tuesday. She was sobbing and said she had a migraine. She's pregnant, so she couldn't take anything. Not fun! I've never had a migraine, so I can't really relate. But it doesn't sound fun! You're always welcome to come sleep on our couch. I'll try not to scream or cry in my sleep :)