Friday, May 13, 2011

Beautiful Utah

I think I have mentioned this in a blog post before, but I am amazed at the beauty of Utah. Every day that I drive to and from work, I am blown away by the scenery around me. I find myself getting distracted by how breathtaking it is. There are two spots in particular that I look forward to seeing every day. I literally find myself sitting up taller in my seat to see the view sooner as I drive over a small hill on the way home. I was telling Jessica how much I was going to miss that drive everyday and she told me to take a picture. I have always wanted to, but I don't have a telephoto lens so I didn't think it would turn out. She said at least I would have the memories. So, I will share what I have.

This is the view as I drive to work. As I take Pioneer Crossing, I see these mountains. I love Utah because there can be green grass, blue skies and white snowy mountains. I also love Saratoga Springs because it isn't overly developed yet and green fields aren't uncommon.
This is my favorite spot just over a small hill on my way home from work. This is where my camera does not do justice to the actual scene. There are these huge white birds that hang out at this little pond. They are absolutely beautiful! Then to add to the beauty, you can see the rustic barn and mountains gracing the landscape. I don't know what it is about this spot, but I think it is just so quaint.
Sometimes it makes me sad to think that I will be leaving all of this behind. I wish that I had enjoyed it a little more while I was out here. I have always admired the beauty of the mountains, but didn't start taking advantage of them until I started dating Travis because he loves outdoor activities. Travis and I both love the west, so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up back out here eventually.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

But where are the trees? I know a lot of people agree with you, but the tress here are few and far between, and they are so dissappointing compared to the ones back east (probably compared to the NW and western CA too, but I haven't been there to compare). I would rather have trees to mountains-especially the imposing Rockys.

Carie said...

Dear Lindsay,

You just have to get up INTO the mountains to see the trees. :) Until you do, you have the wide open space and gorgeous mountains to keep you company

Dear Amber,

I couldn't agree with you more! And, I'd be MORE than excited if you ended up back here!! :) Love ya!

Katie said...

Utah will miss you too :(