Monday, June 13, 2011

Sleepover!

Last week when I was over at Bradford's house, Brooke asked if she could sleep over at my house. Since she had family in town, I promised that we could do it later that week after everyone was gone. This past Wednesday she got to come over. We started the evening by going to the restaurant of her choice. We brought our food home to eat at her request. The whole drive it was fun listening to Brooke just talk or ask questions or make statements. She is at a stage where she is very observant and soaks in tons of information. After we finished eating, my roommate was getting a few last things from the apartment, so she helped her take those things down. Then came the exciting part of the night...we built a fort. I have a 4 poster bed, so it made the perfect fort! At this point, I had to meet my photographer to get my picture cd, so we ran over to meet her in the Macy's parking lot. While we were there, Brooke got to pick out some cereal and pay for it. It was fun to challenge her by giving her the money and then asking if she had enough or not. She is a smart girl. Hopefully I will take learning opportunities like that to teach my own kids. Then I got to teach her how to pump gas. I let her do everything. I think that was her favorite part of the whole night because as we were leaving the next day she asked if we needed to buy more gas because she knew how to do it now.After getting back home, we got inside the fort, we watched Strawberry Shortcake on my computer. It was "berry" exciting. By the time the movie finished, it was bedtime and we were both wiped out. I don't know who was yawning more. I had to take her back early the next morning because Heidi had to go down to the hospital to see Logan at a certain time. I love their little family! Like I mentioned before, Tyler and Brooke are so sweet and well behaved. While I am over visiting, Brooke and Tyler will both just come up and hug me or cuddle with me or tell me they love me. I love them too!

No comments: