Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day at Sea and Cozumel!

The first full day was spent just traveling. Luckily neither one of us got sea sick, although we were prepared with medicine just in case. Since we were on the boat all day, there were lots of shows and fun things to do to keep us entertained. Travis and I took the first day to explore the ship and continued to find things we missed throughout the week. It was huge! There were all different themed rooms. We even found a chapel and a bride's room! That evening for dinner, we had the first "Elegant Night" of the trip. Some people went all out. I felt a little under dressed in my outfit and no makeup (it accidentally got left in my car and went to the beach with my family. Luckily I had some mascara and lipgloss with me.)

Here I am about mid-ship. We were on the Carnival Legend.
Hanging out by the pool. Trying to keep cool.
Pictures on deck of the deep blue sea.Here we are after dinner. My studly husband!I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite shots. The ship was so extravagant and decorative. We finally made it to our first port, Cozumel, Mexico. We didn't have a planned excursion here, but we heard many great things about the shopping and the beaches. We started off by walking around all the shops (it wasn't as cheap as we thought it would be). Then we decided to take a taxi over to one of the beaches to snorkel. While we were there, we met this family that ended up being LDS, small world huh? Anyways, they go there every year and knew all the good places to go. So after giving me a mini-lesson, the dad took us down to some great spots. We saw all kinds of colorful fish, cool reefs and rock formations, and even a barracuda! We have some pictures on our water camera from snorkeling. Travis loves deals, and he kept reminding me how much better it was to do our own thing because we ended up getting a private lesson and tour for about 1/4 of what it would have been to book through the ship.

On the ship about to get off in Cozumel.Welcome to Cozumel!!I loved all the brilliant colors they had! Everything was so bright and happy. My purple dress ended up being the perfect dress for the day to contrast the bright colors! Travis doing a little dance with his big scuba feet!There were so many great spots to take pictures!Travis lounging around. Shopping wore him out!Now for my favorite photo of the day! These guys were so funny. They came and took me from Travis. Then the guy on the left side kept telling me, "you very, very pretty." I loved it! They may look scary, but they are still sweet. We loved Cozumel. One thing that surprised me is how touristy it was. I am sure that if we got further away from the city it wouldn't be so bad, but everything was centered around tourists.

1 comment:

Amy's Kitchen said...

Yay! I loved loved loved the pics! Congrats you two. :) I wish you the very best!