Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mahogany Bay-Roatan!!!

This was probably my favorite port. We loved it!! We had an excursion planned here, so we got up early and got off the ship as soon as possible so we could get as much shopping/sight seeing in before the excursion as possible because there wouldn't be any time after. Roatan had the best shopping by far! This is where we got our souvenir of the trip-a hand made wooden vase. There were tons of hand made wooden things. I loved everything! I also got a pair of wooden earrings.
After shopping, we headed over to meet our group where we signed papers stating we would not sue upon injury or death. Comforting huh? I bet you are wondering what we did. We went zip-lining through the jungles of Roatan! It was AMAZING!!! I was a little hesitant at first because they told us all these things we had to do; hold this hand here, put that hand as far back behind you, to stop do this, to slow down do that, hold your legs like this, put your head like that. It was so much to remember and if I didn't do something right, it was a long ways down.

Here they are strapping me in. It was sooo tight I wasn't going anywhere!Before going down.Once I was hooked up and they sent me down, all my fears were replaced with excitement. It was so fun. I had to make a conscious effort to look around at the scenery and not just at the ending platform. As a result, I saw many beautiful trees, flowers, and an enormous iguana!
After the zip line, they took us through Gumbilina park where we saw many more iguanas, parrots, and monkeys. We also got to see one of Roatan's beaches and walk across a wooden bridge. I LOVED Roatan. I would go back there in a heartbeat!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

So fun!! That's they one thing I'm sad I didn't get to do in Hawaii. Ziplining sounds like so much fun! And you have a monkey on your shoulder. That's such a cute picture!

Hawaii Monkeys said...

This is the best one yet. ;) That's so fun! I love all these pics though.

small bathroom ideas said...

Hello
Mahogany Bay-Roatan!!!
Informative writing. Essays like this are so important to broaden people's horizons. Everyone loves what you guys are up too!