Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kids Say the Darnest Things

Still no ring, but I have finally started wearing a fake one to school so that I can tell people because it is killing me to keep it in. I told my afternoon class, but not my morning class yet. I click better with the kids in my afternoon class and I was excited to tell them. They also are more in tune with things and would understand and care more if I told them compared to the morning class.

So, the other day, just before we left, I thought I would tell them. I told them that I had something to show them. I held up my hand and asked them if they knew what that meant. They got all excited because they knew it meant I was getting married. My favorite reaction was from this little boy. He hit his head, said "awww...man," and put his head on the desk. All the other kids laughed because they said they he wanted to marry me. haha. I had to try hard not to laugh. They asked a million questions like what my new last name would be and when I was getting married. I told them several times that I wasn't getting married until after kindergarten was over.

Well, the next few days proved that the kids didn't quite understand. I have moms that come in and help on a daily basis. The past few days moms have come in inquiring of me. Here are a couple of my favorites:
*Bob told me that you are having a baby, is that true?
*Billy said that you got married this weekend. Is that true? I am impressed with your time management and working around school if it is.
*Jill said that you are getting kids. What is she talking about?

Oh, they make me laugh. The things they come up with. I tell them I am getting married and all of the sudden I am having kids. I set things straight with all the parents, so hopefully we are all set now.

1 comment:

mike said...

More Grandkids!!! I can't wait but you better!!! Love Dad