Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Babblings

I feel like I haven't posted in a while. It's probably because of a few things. 1-I don't have a lot to say. 2-I was sick last week and all I wanted to do was sleep. 3-I have been crazy busy with school! (report cards were due) 4-Wedding plans (need I say more?)

I discovered a new blog to read of a friend in my new ward. She basically summed up how I feel right now about school. I am ready to be done. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I am ready for a break. Lately I have been teaching as the day goes, not really making any lesson plans. I count down the days until spring break (8 school days). I know how many days of school are left (42). I can't count the number of peanut butter sandwiches I have eaten or the amount of hours I have stayed awake trying to figure out how to help a student. I am ready to get some sleep and my sanity back.

Lately the question has come up, "what do we sacrifice our time for" or "if someone were to observe you, what would they think was most important to you?" I find that I spend most of my time doing school work. It made me reflect on what I really do think is important and how I can match my thoughts with my actions. If I put as much time into gospel study and preparation as I do into my school work, I would be floating in the clouds all the time. It was just interesting for me to think about because our priorities may seem like they are in the right place, but we can always do better.

No comments: