Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Resizing

Since my engagement was a total surprise, Travis didn't really know my ring size. We had a conversation at one point and I told him I thought average was 7 and I wore a size 6, so that is what he got me. The night we got engaged, we discovered that it was way too big. The following Monday we took it to get re-sized and I have been ring-less ever since. Apparently my fingers are skinnier than I thought and I wear a size 4. They had to special order it because if it was re-sized, the diamonds in the band would be more likely to fall out. They told us it would be 9 days which means I would get my ring tomorrow. Well, Travis called today to see the progress and they didn't really know anything, but they told him it would be by March 9th. That is 8 more days! I have put off telling my kids at school and the other teachers that I am engaged until I have my ring, but now it is going to be another week. It makes me sad.

Then, since mom was in town, she REALLY wanted to go dress shopping. We didn't plan on buying anything (especially because I can be pretty picky). Well, the first dress I tried on was the perfect dress! I fell in love with it. Every dress I tried on after that was just not close to the other one. We bought it and they kept it! They told me to go buy shoes and to come back to get alterations. Ok, they gave me the option of bringing it home, but we thought it would be easiest to leave it there until the cleaning and alterations were done. So, now I have a beautiful dress and a beautiful ring that have been paid for but are still at the stores. It makes me sad. Oh man, I love my dress though! I would tell you about it and post pictures but I know that Travis would peek so you are going to have to wait. I love it though! Mom and Lindsay say it is just me. That is how they describe the dress to anyone that they tell about it. So, depending on who you are, you may imagine different dresses, but this dress is "just me." I can't wait to wear it!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

yep, the perfect dress for you! and I was surprised you found it so quickly. Sorry about the ring too, it's hard not to have it when you know you should.

Katie said...

I am excited to see the ring and dress!